Thursday, April 9, 2009

Heed the Kah


Fellow Weaselhawks --
Like a warm splash of Hamm's after yer second strike out, the '09 season has arrived with surprising speed and a hint of bitterness. Judging from our '08 record, we must have been cheated in every imaginable way by those agency assaholics.

Now calm down, calm down: here's your chance to get even.

Game 1 is April 28th, a mere 19 days away. '09 is promising to be a lot like '08, but with less losing:
- Every Tuesday at 6 or 7:15, 4/28 through at least 7/27
- Same fields
- Probably about $50 a head
- The same friendly faces:
W: Megan, Katherine, Sarah, Allie, Oona, Kris, Jessica, Colleen, April, Natalie, Kady, Teresa, Danielle
M: Dave, Matt, Craig, Travis, Jamie, Rollie, Witt, Joe, Marc, Jake

Please comment below and let us know if you're in or out. If you would like to participate but are likely to miss more than a couple games, please note that as well.

I know there are a few interested newcomers out there. May I suggest we wait until we know who's returning before we make formal invitations. In addition, the Cougars (who we scrimmaged with last May) are short a lot of players this year and have proposed merging us into an unbeatable Dream Team. Unless we lose a lot of people, this could be unwieldy. But maybe some Hawks want to become Cougars? The door is open.

Please comment/commit as soon as you can.

-- Your ever-lovin' Beverage Manager

17 comments:

Nassassin said...

Jake is IN. Will miss two games in July.

Nassassin said...

Danielle is OUT.

Sarah said...

Sarah Nassif is in...will miss 3 games in July

Rollie said...

Should be in for most games

Ape said...

I'm in. However, working in Blaine will make it a challenge for me to get to the games on time - especially S Minne games. You can count on me as an alternate? Or count on me for late games... Whadya think coach?

Bad Mother-F**ker said...

Allie is in. No pre-meditated plans to miss any games but not the most reliable of Weaselhawks either. Just sayin'.

Joe Shindelar said...

[ x ] IN
[ ] OUT

KAHlleen said...

Should be able to make most games :)

My goal for the season (probably towards the end) is to hurt my leg from sliding. My scar from 2 years ago is almost gone, and we don't want that, now do we?

KAH!

Oona B said...

of course! it'll mean Spring is really here. I do, however, need to get my mom's, I mean my Ortho's approval. I'll know by Tuesday.

Trav(is) in said...

I'm in, but I'm going to miss a big hunk in the middle. June 21st-July 25th.

PS - my "word verification" for this comment was "pitrange." That sounds like a word I should have known before now.

Natty Ice said...

i'm with ape in blaine - late games are my best bet suh-kahs!

Jessica said...

I'm in. Will miss the first Tuesday of each month (3 games).

katy said...

in in in. assuming the ol' knee holds up (which it did mighty fine for snowboarding).

Matt(hew) said...

I'll be there for every game unless something comes up.

David S. said...

David and Nancy are in

Will miss a game now and then

Nancy will miss late start games

megan leafblad said...

Coach-
do when know when and where the first game is?

TDub (teresa) said...

There in spirit, not in body...also not the most reliable, OBVIOUSLY...